Regular Part-time Positions
Purpose of Position: To provide various administrative duties for the Facilities Department. This individual coordinates all clerical activities, requests, and disseminates information on various projects, acts as liaison with the staff, organization employees, and external customers.
Essential Functions: To assist Associate Director in the daily operations of the Facilities department. Duties include but not limited to:
- General receptionist duties: answer telephone, filing, email correspondence, coordinate visitors and contractors
- Communicate work requests with Facilities staff via radio and/or phone.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist in invoice processing procedures
- Assist in budget reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Maintains various Facilities-related databases and reports on such
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed
- Run various weekly/monthly reports as assigned
- Business/secretarial school training or comparable college-level course completion.
- A minimum five years of administrative support experience, including providing office support to management-level personnel
- A minimum 3 years of experience with general accounting practices
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, and Power Point); knowledge of Access preferred
- Must be able to operate multi-line telephone system
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be dependable, team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: Works primarily in an office environment. Periods of traversing the Museum grounds to participate in meetings.
This is a regular, part-time position with 30 hours per week. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and Mystic Seaport application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mystic Seaport PO Box 6000 Mystic, CT 06355 Attn: Human Resources. An EOE.