Regular Part-time Positions
Volunteer Services Associate
Purpose of position: To provide administrative support to the Volunteer Services office. This position is vital to the department and supports the management of more than 500 volunteers through database administration, recruitment, training, communication, and clerical support. In addition, the Volunteer Services Associate provides volunteers with friendly, prompt, and accurate service.
- Under the Associate Director, supports methods of recruiting, interviewing, and placing new volunteers
- Maintain all necessary volunteer records and reports, including contact information, start date, and hours to date
- Input new volunteers into the database once they have completed orientation and have been placed
- Input volunteer hours into the database
- Assist recruitment of volunteers as needed for events
- Creates Mystic Seaport Bulletin submissions for upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Orders and distributes volunteer badges and uniforms
- Supports membership and volunteer services events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in volunteer or program administration
- Excellent computer skills, including experience in working with databases
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Strong communication skills
This is a regular, part-time position with 20 hours per week. To apply: please submit a Mystic Seaport application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mystic Seaport PO Box 6000 Mystic, CT 06355 Attn: Human Resources. An EOE.