Lantern Light Tour Actors
Auditions will be held September 19, 25 and 26, from 5-9 p.m. Each audition will last approximately 15 minutes. Performers should prepare two contrasting monologues, one being comedic. Please bring a theatre resume and headshot. Email or call to schedule your audition.
Lantern Light Tours is a 70-minute progressive or travelling play, set in the year 1876 on Christmas Eve. The play unfolds through five, 8-minute scenes that take place in different exhibits around Museum grounds. Between scenes, a tour guide provides entertainment and historic information through first-person story-telling and improvisation. We are seeking performers for scripted scenes and for semi-improvisational tour guiding. Performers must be at least 10 years old. Some paid positions are available.
Rehearsals: 10/14, 10/23, 10/25, 10/27, 10/28, 10/29, 10/30, 11/3, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/10, 11/11, 11/12, 11/13, 11/17, 11/18, 11/19, 11/20, 11/25
Performances: 11/29, 12/5, 12/6, 12/12, 12/13, 12/19, 12/20, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27; Snow Date: 12/28
Please email or call to schedule an audition: firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.572.0711, ext. 5075.
Visitor Services Specialist
Visitor Services Specialists set the tone for an exceptional visitor experience for all visitors by welcoming them, educating them regarding what the Mystic Seaport experience can mean for them, efficiently processing them at the gate, and preparing them adequately and enthusiastically for their onsite visit. Visitor Services Specialists make the “customer centered” concept a daily reality in all interactions, decisions, and exchanges they make with all visitors. This is a seasonal position with 20-30 hours per week.
- Warmly greet all visitors by creating a welcoming and friendly environment where they receive prompt, efficient, and pleasant service in person, on the phone, and via email
- Always maintain a positive and professional image, reflecting pride in the position and enthusiasm for the institution
- Anticipates and responds to visitor needs by providing accurate and helpful information about the Museum and its offerings
- Makes the extra effort to find information and/or provide assistance to visitor questions/needs
- Makes it easy for visitors to have a positive and pleasantly memorable experience
- Efficiently and effectively process visitors from all gate stations using computerized ticketing system
- Acts with integrity and honesty in safeguarding gate location monies, working with cash/credit cards, coupons, passes, and all financial-related transactions
- Follows all department policies and procedures including those for cash handling, security, and safety
- Develops thorough, accurate, and up-to-date knowledge base about Mystic Seaport and its exhibits, programs, offerings, and services
- Promotes and educates visitors to the benefits of membership and processes membership applications, including upgrades
- Actively participates in a culture of continuous improvement seeking and suggesting ways to better respond to visitor needs
- Solicits and records visitor feedback, suggestions, complaints, and compliments about their experiences and makes management aware of such feedback
- Using best judgment, responds to visitor situations calling upon senior staff as needed
- Contributes positively and enthusiastically as part of a team-oriented department
- Alerts supervisory staff to potential problems and possibilities
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- High energy, enthusiastic, customer-centered intelligence is essential
- Must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume, high stress, or unusual events
- Proven ability to work comfortably and efficiently with computers and registers, including the ability to accurately and responsibly work with cash and change
- Requires weekend, holiday, and some evenings as well as willingness to leave early if not needed
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and endure all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, etc.)
To Apply: Please submit a Mystic Seaport application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com or to Mystic Seaport PO Box 6000 Mystic, CT 06355 Attn: Human Resources. An EOE.