Mystic Seaport has re-opened auditions for the 2015 TaleMakers cast. The Museum’s Talemakers are an outdoor, interactive children’s theatre troupe that perform five shows daily during the summer season. Performances include four original scripts and short-form improvisation. Applicants should have significant theatrical experience and comfort working with children. Knowledge of maritime history is beneficial, but not necessary. Other duties may include facilitation of hands-on educational activities. This is a seasonal position of 25-35 hours per week. Auditions will be held May 22, 26, and 27, 2015. To schedule an audition, please contact Denise Kegler at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 860.572.0711, ext. 5075.
Visitor Services Specialist
Visitor Services Specialists set the tone for an exceptional visitor experience for all visitors by welcoming them, educating them regarding what the Mystic Seaport experience can mean for them, efficiently processing them at the gate, and preparing them adequately and enthusiastically for their on site visit. Visitor Services Specialists make the “customer centered” concept a daily reality in all interactions, decisions, and exchanges they make with all visitors.
- Warmly greet all visitors by creating a welcoming and friendly environment where they receive prompt, efficient, and pleasant service in person, on the phone, and via email
- Always maintain a positive and professional image, reflecting pride in the position and enthusiasm for the institution
- Anticipate and respond to visitor needs by providing accurate and helpful information about the museum and its offerings
- Make it easy for visitors to have a positive and pleasantly memorable experience at Mystic Seaport
- Efficiently and effectively process visitors from all gate stations using computerized ticketing system
- Act with integrity and honesty in safeguarding gate location monies and working with cash/credit cards/passes/coupons/other financial related transactions
- Promote and educate visitors to the benefits of membership and processes membership applications including upgrades
- Solicit and record visitor feedback, suggestions, complaints, and compliments about their experiences at Mystic Seaport and make management team aware of such feedback
- Using best judgment, respond to visitor situations, calling upon Senior Visitor Services Specialists and supervisory staff as needed
- High energy, enthusiastic, customer-centered intelligence is essential
- Must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume, high stress, or unusual events
- Proven ability to work comfortably and efficiently with computers and registers, including the ability to accurately and responsibly work with cash and change
- Requires weekends, holidays, and some evenings as well as willingness to leave early if not needed
- Must be able to stand long periods of time and endure extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, rainy days)
This is a seasonal position with varying hours.
To Apply: Please submit a Mystic Seaport, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com or to Mystic Seaport PO Box 6000 Mystic, CT 06355 Attn: Human Resources. An EOE.