Thank you for your interest in Mystic Seaport. This area of our website is reserved for the use of media professionals. The Communications Department is the primary point of contact for all media requests; we are here to assist you and will do our best to accommodate your media needs regarding Mystic Seaport. If you are a member of the media and would like to be added to our distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles W. Morgan Press Kit
The Charles W. Morgan is the last of an American whaling fleet that numbered more than 2,700 vessels. Built and launched in 1841 in New Bedford, Massachusetts, the Morgan is now America’s oldest commercial ship still afloat – only the USS Constitution is older. The whaleship came to Mystic Seaport in November 1941 and more than 20 million visitors have walked her decks since her arrival. After more than five years of restoration, the Morgan sailed on her 38th Voyage during the summer of 2014.
Video for Download
Video requires on-screen courtesy to Mystic Seaport.
- B-roll from the Charles W. Morgan’s arrival at Mystic Seaport August 6
- B-roll from the Charles W. Morgan sailing among whales on the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- B-roll and sound from the Charles W. Morgan‘s homecoming in New Bedford
- B-roll video of highlights from the Charles W. Morgan‘s 38th Voyage to date
- B-roll video of the Morgan‘s restoration
Charles W. Morgan Image Bank
The images contained in this photo gallery are for media use only and must be accompanied by the credit line “Courtesy of Mystic Seaport.” Use of these images by any other parties for any other purposes is prohibited unless written consent is obtained directly from Mystic Seaport. Click to view a larger version and for caption information; right-click to download.