Joseph Conrad Summer Sailing Camp Reunion
September 12, 2014 - September 13, 2014
Unfortunately, this event has been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
This year we celebrate 65 years of the Joseph Conrad Overnight Summer Sailing Camp! To commemorate this special anniversary, all former campers and counselors are invited to our first-ever camp reunion on September 12-13, 2014. Whether you were a Scout sleeping aboard in the 1950s or a counselor in the 2000s, we hope you can return to Mystic Seaport for a weekend of fond reminiscing and fun.
Weekend festivities include dinner on Friday evening, the opportunity to sleep aboard the Conrad Friday night (space is limited), and special activities on Saturday.
Friday, September 12
- A casual buffet dinner at the Boat Shed with a cash bar.
- Friday night: Opportunity to sleep aboard the Conrad.
Activities throughout the day on Saturday, September 13
- Rigging climb aboard the Joseph Conrad from 9-10 a.m.
- Help set a sail
- Chantey show
- Dyer Dhow free sail from 1-3 p.m.
- Shipwreck! – Watch the breeches buoy drill on the Village Green
- Man Overboard – March the capstan aboard the Joseph Conrad
- Sail furling demonstration