The sculpture is 6 inches tall and the original sculpture was created by Katherine Tod Johnstone. Katherine Tod Johnstone concentrated on oil painting for ten years beginning in 1951. In 1961, her interest changed to sculpture, for which she soon discovered she had a natural talent and derived great satisfaction. She first studied with Beonne Boronda of Mystic, and later at the Lyme Academy of Fine Arts with Laci de Gerenday, and portrait sculpture with Elisabeth Gordon Chandler. Through Elisabeth Chandler's encouragement she entered the 50th Anniversary Show of the Hudson Valley Art Association in Bedford, New York, winning the highly prized Anna Hyatt Huntington Award in 1978 for her "Dolphins" sculpture. Immediately thereafter, her work was accepted in the first open show held by the prestigious Salmagundi Club, NY. Other awards include 1st jury award in sculpture for 3 out of 5 years in the Mystic International Exhibition, and several awards at the Mystic Art Association where she participated as an active artist for many years. Kate exhibited nationwide and her work is included in private collections internationally. In 1982 she was elected a Fellow of the Rhode Island School of Design. Her principal works are at the Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, OH; Mystic Seaport; the Mystic Marinelife Aquarium; the Royal Hamilton Amateur Dingy Club, Bermuda; and the Town Hall, Stonington, CT.