The America and the Sea Society is the Museum's Annual Fund leadership gift society that recognizes those donors whose generosity set the standard for others to follow. Different levels of participation are available.
The Annual Fund
Imagine what you can do for Mystic Seaport.
Our strength lies in our community of members, friends, volunteers and staff - a tradition of support since 1929. You can help to preserve this tradition and maintain this extraordinary place by investing in Mystic Seaport with an unrestricted gift for the Annual Fund.
Last year we raised more than $1 million in unrestricted gifts. This year the need is greater and we have to do even better. Every gift of every size is important. Here are some examples of what your unrestricted dollars can do:
- $65 buys five acid-free document boxes for the safe keeping of our ships' logs.
- $100 provides a two-month supply of paint brushes for the care of the Museum's small craft collection.
- $300 purchases 10 yards of fabric for a costume for one of the roleplayers.
- $370 buys one ton of coal for Sabino so that she can take visitors for a cruise on the Mystic River.
- $437 provides five gallons of bottom paint for the preservation of our large historic vessels (30 gallons are needed for each vessel).
- $690 is the cost of giving one child the overnight sailing camp experience on the Joseph Conrad.
- $1,300 buys a six-month supply of food used for the fireplace cooking demonstration in the Buckingham-Hall House.
- $2,000 to $3,000 is the cost of restoring one oil painting in preparation for an exhibit.
Give to the Annual Fund by means of an online donation. It's a fast, easy, and secure way to make a donation using your credit card. If you wish to make a gift by mail, please send a check to:
75 Greenmanville Ave.
P.O. Box 6000
Mystic, CT 06355-0990
Any amount is appreciated and we are extremely grateful for your support. Your gift will make a difference. Thank you!
For additional information, please contact Betsy Carr, director of the Annual Fund, via email at email@example.com or call 860.572.5307.