Did you know:
Mystic Seaport offers a variety of Homeschool programs?
Complete and Email
Homeschool Registration Form*
* Thank you for registering online with Mystic Seaport. You will receive a confirmation email within one working day of submitting your form. If you do not receive a confirmation within this time, please call 860-572-5322 Monday through Friday 8AM to 4PM.
Homeschool Community Sailing (ages 8-14)
Homeschool community sailing programs at Mystic Seaport build confidence in boat handling through on-the-water practice. Learn the basics of boat control (using the main sheet and tiller), rules of the road, and fundamental sailing maneuvers (such as tacking and jibing).
Register for Multiple Camp Sessions and Save
Special offer! Register for one camp session then save 10% when you register siblings or sign up for multiple camp sessions (this discount does not apply to the Brilliant program). The discount will apply to the least expensive camp if there is a difference. Financial aid is also available. Please click here or call 860.572.5322 for more details.
Community Sailing - Homeschool
|April 19 - June 17|
(no class June 7)
|9:30 am - 12:30 pm||Fridays||$130/member, $150/non-member|
|Sept. 20 - Nov. 8||9:30 am - 12:30 pm||Fridays||$130/member, $150/non-member|
Program Notes & Reminders:
- Classes meet at the Mystic Seaport Youth Training Building at Lighthouse Point, rain or shine. Always come prepared to sail. Dress warmly - bring a spare set of clothes and a towel.
- All classes will meet when scheduled unless notified otherwise.
- Park your car in the main lot across from the entrance to Mystic Seaport.
- Any missed class may be made up during another class by prior arrangement with course instructors.
- A class may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- In the event of extreme weather, please call 860.572.5310 for closing information.
Additional Program Information
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- A comprehensive registration form is due five days after registering by phone (Complete and email Homeschool Registration Form or call 860.572.5322).
- Refunds are given only in the case of medical emergency.
Course Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the start of a course will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 25% of the course cost. Cancellations made 15 to 29 days prior to the start of a class will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 50% of the course cost. No refund will be given if cancelled within 14 days of the course.