Complete and Email
Family Registration Form*
* Thank you for registering online with Mystic Seaport. You will receive a confirmation email within one working day of submitting your form. If you do not receive a confirmation within this time, please call 860-572-5322 Monday through Friday 8AM to 4PM.
Don't have your own sailboat?
Family Community Sailing
Where families learn to sail together!
Family community sailing at Mystic Seaport is designed for children and their parents or grandparents to learn the basics of sailing together in a fun and friendly environment. Classes encourage and promote sailing activities the whole family can enjoy. Certified instructors are experienced in teaching all age groups and share their love of the water and years of sailing experience through personal, hands-on instruction.
Beginner classes start with sailing basics, fundamental terminology, water safety, boat controls and rules of the road. Intermediate classes are designed for adults that feel comfortable in a boat and continue to improve boat handling skills.
Children must be at least 8 years of age and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. For safety concerns, only one adult and one child will be paired in any vessel. Classes are taught in JY15s. All equipment, except foul-weather gear, is provided. If you already have a personal floatation device (PFD), please bring your own.
Community Sailing - Family
|July 13 - 14||9:30 am - 12:30 pm||Sat. & Sun.||$250/member*, $290/non-member*|
|August 3 - 4||9:30 am - 12:30 pm||Sat. & Sun.||$250/member*, $290/non-member*|
* Includes one adult and one child.
Program Notes & Reminders:
- Classes meet at the Mystic Seaport Youth Training Building at Lighthouse Point, rain or shine. Always come prepared to sail. Dress warmly - bring a spare set of clothes and a towel.
- All classes will meet when scheduled unless notified otherwise.
- Park your car in the main lot across from the entrance to Mystic Seaport.
- Any missed class may be made up during another class by prior arrangement with course instructors.
- A class may be canceled, if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- In the event of extreme weather, please call 860.572.5310 for closing information.
Additional Program Information
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- A comprehensive registration form is due five days after registering by phone (Complete and email Family Registration Form or call 860.572.5322).
- Refunds are given only in the case of medical emergency.
Course Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the start of a course will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 25% of the course cost. Cancellations made 15 to 29 days prior to the start of a class will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 50% of the course cost. No refund will be given if cancelled within 14 days of the course.