Support Mystic Seaport sailing programs!
Donate a Dyer Dhow or JY-15.
Complete and Email
Adult Registration Form*
* Thank you for registering online with Mystic Seaport. You will receive a confirmation email within one working day of submitting your form. If you do not receive a confirmation within this time, please call 860-572-5322 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Don't have your own sailboat? Want to practice your skills?
Community Racing Series
Hoist your sails and capture the wind as you compete on the Mystic River in friendly, but serious competition. Choose from nine-foot Dyer Dhows or JY15s.
Note: These series does not provide instruction. Competitors must know how to sail and have a solid knowledge of the Racing Rules of Sailing prior to competition.
Dyer Dhow - Adult Racing Series (ages 15+)
Sailors with racing experience and competency to sail nine-foot Dyer Dhow dinghies compete on the Mystic River. Races are conducted according to current International Yacht Racing Rules. Protests will be accepted, results posted and trophies awarded.
|2012 Spring/Summer Dates||Time||Days||Cost|
|April 14 - June 9||2 - 5:30 p.m.||Saturdays||$150/member, $175/non-member|
|2012 Fall Dates||Time||Days||Cost|
|Sept. 8 - Nov. 10 (excluding Oct. 13)||2 - 5:30 p.m.||Saturdays||$150/member, $175/non-member|
Dyer Dhow Derby - Adult Racing (ages 15+)
Come celebrate the long-standing program of sailing excellence with some fun (but serious) competition, good food and great friends. Free to donors. Learn how to become a Dyer Dhow donor.
|October 13||Noon - 5 p.m.|
Program Notes & Reminders:
- Classes meet at the Mystic Seaport Youth Training Building at Lighthouse Point, rain or shine. Always come prepared to sail. Dress warmly - bring a spare set of clothes and a towel.
- All classes will meet when scheduled unless notified otherwise.
- Park your car in the main lot across from the entrance to Mystic Seaport.
- Any missed class may be made up during another class by prior arrangement with course instructors.
- A class may be canceled, if minimum enrollment is not reached. (Get your friends to sign up to make sure the class is large enough!)
- In the event of extreme weather, please call 860.572.5310 for closing information.
Additional Program Information
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- A comprehensive registration form is due five days after registering by phone (Complete and email Adult Registration Form or call 860.572.5322).
- Refunds are given only in the case of medical emergency.
Course Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the start of a course will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 25% of the course cost. Cancellations made 15 to 29 days prior to the start of a class will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 50% of the course cost. No refund will be given if cancelled within 14 days of the course.