Buy Online Tickets for
Or Become a Member and
come for a whole year!
Closed to Museum visitors.
This house was built about 1841 by Welcome B. Lewis (1810-1880), a ship carpenter who often worked at the George Greenman & Co. Shipyard. Originally sided with clapboards and painted white, the house was built in the Greek Revival style then prevalent in the U.S.
The Lewis House has been used as a dormitory for the Williams College-Mystic Seaport Maritime Studies Program, a semester-long undergraduate program in American maritime history, literature, marine policy, and science. It is now used as offices by Mystic Seaport.