Did you know?
Anchor Watch: Overnight Youth Group Program
Friday or Saturday night
Spring: March - May
Fall: September - November
Our Anchor Watch program provides an opportunity for youth groups to experience sleeping on board the 1882 square-rigged vessel Joseph Conrad by night, and to engage in hands-on activities by day. Groups arrive at 7 p.m. and begin their adventure with an introduction to Mystic Seaport and an evening walk through the recreated 19th-century village. After the tour, participants enjoy an evening snack, make a sailor's craft and then sleep aboard the Joseph Conrad. After breakfast in the Galley Restaurant, students have the opportunity to climb the rigging of the Joseph Conrad (a one-of-a-kind experience), and then tour the Museum on their own for the remainder of the day.
Anchor Watch is available for any type of youth group, including but not limited to Scouts, 4-H groups, and others. Scout groups are able to achieve special badges through Anchor Watch programming.
Maritime Money Manager (program for Brownies)
Destination Outer Space (program for Brownies)
Seaport Sleuths (program for Junior Girl Scouts)
Playing the Past (Junior Girl Scouts and older)
Sky Watcher (program for Junior Girl Scouts)
Night Owl (for Cadette Girl Scouts)
Sea and Sky (for Senior Girl Scouts)
Seaport Seamstress (for Senior Girl Scouts)
Women in History (program for for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador Girl Scouts)
The Anchor Watch overnight program begins at 6:50 p.m. and continues until approximately 10:00 a.m. the following day. A general program schedule is shown below:
- 6:50 p.m. - Meet the Seaport Staff in the Main (south) parking lot.
- 7:00 p.m. - Program begins with an orientation.
- 7:30 p.m. - Move on board and practice a fire drill
- 8:00 p.m. - Evening Activity (historic tour, planetarium show, badge specific activities, etc)
- 8:45 p.m. - Pizza snack!
- 9:00 p.m. - Evening Activity (sailors' crafts, historic tour, or badge specific activity)
- 10:00 p.m. - Lights Out. Sleep aboard the historic square-rigged ship Joseph Conrad.
- 7:00 a.m. - Reveille, clean ship, stow gear in cars.
- 8:15 a.m. - Breakfast in our Galley Restaurant.
- 9:00 a.m. - Activity with Museum staff.
- 9:45 a.m. - Enjoy a day on your own exploring the Museum.
Program Cost and Details:
See individual program descriptions for per person fee. Fee includes overnight accommodations aboard the 1881 sail training ship Joseph Conrad, pizza, evening activities, craft materials, breakfast, a Mystic Seaport patch, and 2 days admission to Mystic Seaport.
Reservations or Questions: Call 860.572.5322 to speak with a reservation specialist. Reservations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please see the Anchor Watch Reservations page for additional program details, group size limits, eligibility and payment information.