Field Trip Resources & Common Core
Mystic Seaport provides a springboard for meaningful, integrated learning experiences that offer varied opportunities for addressing the Common Core State Standards. Students at all levels can access and gather information from primary sources, investigate topics, analyze, integrate, and present information in many forms.
We hope you will find these resources helpful when preparing for a self-guided or staff-guided tour.
Common Core and State Standards
- Mystic Seaport educational programs and the Common Core
- Educational programs’ connections to Connecticut state standards in social studies and science
Mystic Seaport Guided Tour
Mystic Seaport Self-Guided Tour
- Chaperone itineraries: Life in a Seaport Town, Ships–Form Follows Function, Shoreside Industries, and Whaling in the 19th Century
- Pre-visit questions, post-visit activities, and online resources for self-guided tours
- Instructions and link to photos for Mystic Seaport object observation activity