Hours & Tickets
General admission tickets can be purchased online or at the Mystic Seaport Visitor Reception Center. Please call 860.572.5331 for group admission tickets.
2016 Hours of Operation
- November 28-December 23: Open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- December 24-25: Closed
- December 26-January 1, 2017: Open daily, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Exceptions to the schedule include inclement weather and other unexpected Museum closings. In such an event, there will be an alert on www.mysticseaport.org.
If you are planning a visit to our research library, please contact the Research Desk at 860.572.5367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for hours of operation.
2017 Hours of Operation
- January 1-March 26: Open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Grounds close at 5 p.m.
- Presidents Day, February 20: Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Grounds close at 5 p.m.
- March 27-October 29: Open daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Grounds close at 6 p.m.
- October 30-November 26: Open daily, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. (Closed Thanksgiving Day, November 23)
- November 27-December 23: Open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Grounds close at 5 p.m.
- December 24-25: Closed.
- December 26-January 1, 2018: Open daily, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Grounds close at 5 p.m.
Note: During January 2-February 12 the Museum will operate under its winter model. The exhibits and galleries in the north end of the grounds, including the Planetarium, Children’s Museum, Buckinham-Hall House and the Charles W. Morgan will be open to visitors. The Seaport Village and Shipyard will be closed. Visitors are asked to enter through the new Thompson Exhibition Building.
Promotions & Special Offers
Free second-day admission: Each general admission ticket purchased at Mystic Seaport is good for one admission on the day of purchase. Have your ticket validated before you leave and return a second day for free within seven days.
Active duty and retired military receive group admission and membership discounts: All active duty and retired military and their accompanying family members receive the group discount rate. All memberships will receive a $10 discount.
Special needs’ visitors receive a 50% discount on admission: One additional adult attending to the special needs’ visitor will also receive a discount of 50% on admission.
Free admission on your birthday: Visit on your birthday and your admission is our gift to you! If you already receive free admission as a Museum member, bring a friend for free. Offer available to adults and children. Must present a valid photo ID or copy of birth certificate.
AAA members: Show your valid AAA card to the gate attendant when purchasing your Museum admission and receive $3 off each general admission ticket for up to four people in your party.
Special events, activities and other fees are ticketed on-grounds separately. Offers cannot be combined and are subject to change at any time. Please call 860.572.0711 with any pricing questions.