February 16 - February 18
Shake off those winter blues with a weekend of fun – visit our first-ever Ice Festival! Bundle up and celebrate the great outdoors in New England, then warm up in one of our many cozy indoor spaces. Kids and adults can enjoy special programs throughout the weekend! Discover “life in the ice” with games, activities, music and entertainment.
Among the events and activities within the festival are:
- Indoor Sock Skating Rink
- Ice sculpture demonstration
- Special Planetarium show, Aurora Borealis: The Northern Lights (additional cost)
- Winter crafts for the kids
- Learn about Pemmican, the ultimate survival food
- Sledge pulls
- Make a Toy Boat (additional cost)
- Working dog demonstrations
- Winter Games on the Green
- Horse and carriage rides
- Winter survival skills workshops
- Live concert by Sharks Come Cruisin’
See the Museum’s newest exhibition Death in the Ice: The Mystery of the Franklin Expedition. Stay tuned for a full schedule of events.