Junior Girl Scouts: Be a Space Science Investigator!
Join us for some fun with the sky, and complete a badge at the same time! Our NEW workshops will provide girl scouts with the knowledge, materials, and encouragement to complete the NEW Space Science badges!
In this inquiry-based workshop, Juniors build on their space science knowledge by:
- Making hypotheses about the solar system
- Testing their hypotheses in creating a solar system scale model
- Learning that a year on Earth may not be the same as a year on other planets
- Creating their own way of measuring celestial distances
- Learning about space missions, and designing their own travel brochure for an out-of-this-world trip
- Learning about fellow women space scientists while seeing the sky in a Planetarium show
By the end of this two-hour workshop, Brownie girl scouts will have completed MOST of the requirements for their Space Science Explorer badge. To complete the final requirement, they will need to share what they have learned with fellow girl scouts at a later date.