April 17 - April 18
Avast, ye hearties, Mystic Seaport’s Pirate Days returns April 17-18, guaranteed to bring a treasure trove of fun for the whole family.
- Pirate Treasure Hunt: Using a Treasure Map, participants (wearing their pirate name badges) follow instructions to find different locations on the Museum grounds. “Free Men of the Sea” (pirate re-enactors) will be stationed at each location to mark participants’ treasure map with a clue. Once all the clues are obtained, the participants solve the puzzle for the final treasure chest location, where they will receive a prize. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pirate Games and Crafts: Held at Art Spot, Toy Boat Building, and on the Village Green. Crafts are 10 a.m. -1 p.m.; Toy Boats until 4:30 p.m.; Games until 3 p.m.
- Pirate Basic Training in the Discovery Barn. 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Performances of “ARRR You Ready to be a Pirate” and a “Pirate Q&A” held at the Performance Stage (rain location: Greenmanville Church).
- “High Seas Planetarium Show”: Learn how pirates of old navigated the oceans. (3:30 p.m. show; additional ticket required: $4 non-members, $3 members and ages 3 and younger are free.)
- Cannon Firing Drill: Chubb’s Wharf. 2:45 p.m.