Mystic Seaport Museum Members enjoy exclusive day trips and overnights to areas of interest around the Northeast, including Newport, RI, Block Island, New Bedford, MA, the Berkshires, New York City, and more!
Intrepid: Sea, Air, and Space Museum, October 2
Join us for a trip to NYC to visit the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum!
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an American military and maritime history museum located on the west side of Manhattan at Pier 86. The museum showcases the National Historic Landmark aircraft carrier USS Intrepid, the cruise missile submarine USS Growler, a Concorde SST, a Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane, and the Space Shuttle Enterprise. All five of the U.S. armed forces are represented as well as several international air craft. The collection reflects some of the greatest achievements in military aviation.
Our day, Wednesday, October 2, will begin early at 8 a.m. at Mystic Seaport Museum as we board our bus to New York City. Members will have time on their own at the museum before our scheduled lunch, which will be served on the ship’s mess deck. Following lunch, our group will enjoy a private tour of Intrepid, which will highlight stories from the ship’s history with particular attention to events occurring from 1943 through 1974. We’ll explore the hangar deck, where aircraft were maintained and stored, and the flight deck, where thousands of aircraft were launched. The tour requires long periods of walking and standing. Lightweight, portable stools are available upon request. Please let us know if you are interested in one of these stools when registering for the trip.
Space is limited. Please register online or by calling the Central Reservations office at 860.572.5331 by Wednesday, September 18.
Price includes transportation, admission to the museum, special guided tour, and lunch onboard the ship’s mess deck.
Boxed Lunch Selections:
Each sandwich selection can be made on: ciabatta, tortilla wrap, or lettuce wrap
- Bold Chipotle Chicken – chipotle chicken, chipotle gouda cheese, fried onions, lettuce, savory remoulade
- Deluxe Pepper Mill Club – deluxe ham, cracked pepper mill, turkey, bacon, monterey jack cheese, tomato, onions
- Veggie – grilled vegetables, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella, pesto mayo
- Traditional Roast Beef – deluxe roast beef, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions
- Italian – cappy ham, genoa salami, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, red onions, tomato, balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasted Chicken Sandwich – golden classic chicken, mozzarella cheese, basil, tomato, deli dressing
- Chef Salad – romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, red onions, olives, tomatoes, ovengold turkey, deluxe ham, provolone cheese, golden Italian dressing
- Chicken Caesar Salad – grilled chicken, lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, creamy Caesar dressing
Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the start of a program will receive a refund less an administrative fee of 25% of the registration cost. No refund will be given if canceled within 30 days of the program. If Mystic Seaport Museum should cancel the program for any reason, all participants will be notified as soon as possible and receive a full refund.