Overnight Youth Group Program
The Mystic Seaport Museum Anchor Watch overnight program provides an opportunity for youth groups to experience hands-on activities by day and sleep on board the 1882 full-rigged vessel Joseph Conrad by night. Groups begin their adventure with an introduction to Mystic Seaport Museum and spend their evening immersed in activities. On the second day, participants enjoy breakfast at the Galley Restaurant, have the opportunity to climb the rigging of the Conrad, and then tour the Museum.
Anchor Watch is available for any type of youth group. Scout groups are able to achieve special badges through Anchor Watch programming.
Programs run Friday and Saturday nights (one-night program), March through May, and again September through November.
Anchor Watch begins at 5:50 p.m. and continues until approximately 11 a.m. the following day. A typical program includes:
• 5:50 p.m. – Meet Mystic Seaport Museum staff in the main parking lot
• 6:00 p.m. – Orientation
• 6:30 p.m. – Move on board the Joseph Conrad and practice a fire drill
• 6:45 p.m. – Evening Activities (historic tour, planetarium show, badge-specific activities, etc.)
• 7:45 p.m. – Evening Snack
• 8:15 p.m. – Evening Activities Part II
• 9:00 p.m. – Return to the Joseph Conrad
• 9:30 p.m. – Lights out
• 7:00 a.m. – Reveille, clean ship, stow gear in cars
• 7:30 a.m. – Breakfast
• 8:30 a.m. – Rigging climb (weather permitting)
• 9:30 a.m. – Tour of Mystic Seaport Museum