The Museum is Open
The Museum is pleased to announce it is open to the public. This is the beginning of a gradual return to regular operation and not all parts of the Museum are available. Visitors can access the outdoors portion of the grounds, the top deck of the historic ships, the shipyard, and portions of the historic village.
We opened a new exhibition in the Thompson Exhibition Building this summer. Called A Way with Wood: Celebrating Craft, the show explores the many ways artisans transform natures most malleable substance into objects of utility and beauty. Also, Mary Mattingly’s Open Ocean will be open during the weekends. The other indoor exhibitions and the Children’s Museum remain closed at this time. As the State of Connecticut reduces its COVID-19 restrictions, the Museum will work to reopen additional parts of the grounds and add programming to return to a more traditional and expansive experience for visitors.
Weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Weekdays 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Last entry 30 minutes before closing)
Adults (18-64) $22.95
Seniors (65+) $20.95
Youth (13-17) $18.95
Child (4-12) $14.95
Toddler (0-3) FREE
Visitors are encouraged to buy their tickets online to promote a touch-free transaction. Online ticket holders may use the express gate for members and skip the line at the gate.
The Museum will be abiding to the guidelines and regulations set by the state, federal, and local authorities and will follow all best practices concerning public health and social distancing.
Mystic Seaport has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19; however Mystic Seaport Museum cannot guarantee that you and your party will not be exposed if you choose to enter the property. As set forth in state guidance, while these guidelines have allowed the Museum to open as safely as possible, the risks to visitors cannot be fully mitigated. Mystic Seaport Museum assumes no liability for this potential exposure.
- We have limited the capacity of our grounds to ensure safe distancing. This may result in asking some guests to return at a later time. Please check our website or social media feeds before you leave your home.
- While on Museum grounds, visitors will be required to wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to the visitor’s health and safety due to a medical condition. Before you leave your car please ensure that you have your masks.
- Visitors are expected to observe six-foot social distancing at all times.
- Please respect signage on the grounds, including social distancing markers and signage regarding one-way traffic and maximum occupancy in exhibit areas.
- Follow direction of signage and staff in our parking lots.
- Certain areas will be roped off, where it will be difficult to maintain proper social distancing. No guided group tours will be taking place at this time.
- Restrooms will be limited to one person or family at a time. The Museum will be cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at entrance points and other common areas. Please also consider bringing your own hand sanitizer and wipes for your own safety.
- If you or someone in your party is experiencing COVID-19 CDC-defined symptoms, you may not enter. If you believe you may have been exposed to the coronavirus we ask that you do not visit at this time.
Please note these policies are subject to change without notice as the situation demands. Mystic Seaport Museum is committed to providing a safe environment and asks for your help in making this a great experience for everyone.
Potential violations of these rules may be reported to the state hotline (211).