New Sailing Program Scholarships
Community Sailing and Joseph Conrad Overnight Sailing Camp
We are pleased to announce that we have scholarship funding available for our Community Sailing (ages 8-14) and Joseph Conrad Overnight Sailing Camp (ages 8-15). Up to 100% financial aid is available depending upon need. Please email Sarah Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org with your stated need.
Schooner Brilliant Sailing Program
We are also pleased to announce that we have scholarship funding available for sails aboard Schooner Brilliant (ages 15-18). Fifty percent financial aid is available. Please email email@example.com with your stated need.
Financial Aid for Summer Camps
Limited need-based financial assistance is available for the Museum’s Summer Day Camp, the Joseph Conrad Overnight Summer Sailing Camp, the Brilliant teen sailing program (summer), and the youth and home school Community Sailing programs (spring, summer, and fall). Typical awards are $100 to $200.The scholarships are the result of generous support from the following donors:
- The Todd Wilkins Scholarship Fund, which is available for the teen Brilliant Program, youth Community Sailing, and Conrad Summer Camp, was created as an endowment in 2003 in memory of Todd Wilkins, who was an exuberant and avid sailor. Todd was an instructor in the Museum’s sail education programs, teaching young people the thrill of sailing in the same programs in which he himself had learned to sail years earlier, and in which he took such joy. He was awarded the coveted Brooks trophy, given to a young sailor who demonstrates outstanding sportsmanship, and was one of the first students from Stonington High School who participated in the Aquanaut Program sponsored by the National Undersea Research Program. To perpetuate Todd’s spirit and to honor his memory, Todd’s family and friends established the Todd Wilkins Scholarship Fund. Income from the endowment supports scholarships to allow other young people to experience the same opportunities Todd enjoyed. For information about donating to the Todd Wilkins Scholarship Fund, contact the Advancement Department at 860.572.5365.
- Donald and Catherine Koehler in memory of their son, Matthew James Koehler, who was passionate about family, friends, the environment, education, marine life, and all of life. It is the family’s hope that students use this opportunity to learn, share, and explore all that Mystic Seaport has to offer.
- Jim Conlin Memorial Scholarship, which was created by friends and family to remember Jim Conlin, beloved Mystic Seaport Museum staff member, father, grandfather and friend to all.
- George Gordon Breed Memorial Fund
- William and Eileen Ames Fund
- Private donors
For questions about scholarships email firstname.lastname@example.org.