2019 marks the 90th Anniversary of Mystic Seaport Museum.
In honor of this momentous year, we are launching a goal to secure 90 new estate commitments and planned gifts by December 31, 2019. When you make your intentions known to us we will be pleased to welcome you into the Charles K. Stillman Legacy Society.
You may become a participant in this society if you have made the following types of gifts or if you have named Mystic Seaport Museum as a beneficiary on your:
- Will or Trust
- Life Insurance Policy
- Donor Advised Fund
- Brokerage Account
- IRA or Other Retirement Account
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Retained Life Estate
- Promised Gift of Art, Artifacts, Boats or Other Tangible Property
Life Insurance and IRA Gifts: Simple Yet Powerful
1) Named Beneficiary: Name Mystic Seaport as a beneficiary on an existing life insurance plan, brokerage account, IRA or other retirement plan.
2) Direct Bequest: Name Mystic Seaport in your will or estate plans for a specified gift, either a dollar amount or percentage of your assets, tangible property or residue.
3) Structured Gift: Ask your attorney about the tax benefits and income options of charitable gift annuities, charitable lead or remainder trusts or other structured gifts.
Creating a Legacy
1) Outright Gift: When you give your residence or other property directly to Mystic Seaport you become eligible for a tax deduction and provides direct support to Mystic Seaport.
2) Bequest Gift: A Gift of real estate through your will provides your estate an estate tax deduction and supports the Mission of Mystic Seaport.
3) Charitable Remainder Unitrust: Use your residence of other property to establish a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust may distribute income to you during your lifetime and provide support to Mystic Seaport in the future.
Give an Inspiring Gift
1) Charitable Lead Trust: Income from the trust will be paid to Mystic Seaport for a defined period and then the principle will revert to the donor or donor’s family.
2) Charitable Gift Annuity: A gift of cash or other property to Mystic Seaport will be used to establish an annuity contract with a guaranteed fixed payout to one or more beneficiaries.
3) Charitable Remainder Trust: Income from the trust may be distributed to the donor or other named beneficiaries for a defined period of time, after which the corpus is distributed to Mystic Seaport.