Safeguard Mystic Seaport for future generations by including the museum in your estate plans.
Life Insurance and IRA Gifts: Simple Yet Powerful
1) Named Beneficiary: Name Mystic Seaport as a beneficiary on an existing life insurance plan, brokerage account, IRA or other retirement plan.
2) Direct Bequest: Name Mystic Seaport in your will or estate plans for a specified gift, either a dollar amount or percentage of your assets, tangible property or residue.
3) Structured Gift: Ask your attorney about the tax benefits and income options of charitable gift annuities, charitable lead or remainder trusts or other structured gifts.
Creating a Legacy
1) Outright Gift: When you give your residence or other property directly to Mystic Seaport you become eligible for a tax deduction and provides direct support to Mystic Seaport.
2) Bequest Gift: A Gift of real estate through your will provides your estate an estate tax deduction and supports the Mission of Mystic Seaport.
3) Charitable Remainder Unitrust: Use your residence of other property to establish a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust may distribute income to you during your lifetime and provide support to Mystic Seaport in the future.
Give an Inspiring Gift
1) Charitable Lead Trust: Income from the trust will be paid to Mystic Seaport for a defined period and then the principle will revert to the donor or donor’s family.
2) Charitable Gift Annuity: A gift of cash or other property to Mystic Seaport will be used to establish an annuity contract with a guaranteed fixed payout to one or more beneficiaries.
3) Charitable Remainder Trust: Income from the trust may be distributed to the donor or other named beneficiaries for a defined period of time, after which the corpus is distributed to Mystic Seaport.