Hours & Tickets
General admission tickets can be purchased online or at the entrances on Greenmanville Avenue (Route 27) in Mystic. Free parking is directly across the street at both. Please call 860.572.5331 for group admission tickets.
2019 Hours of Operation
- January 1 – February 13: Thompson Exhibition Building open daily, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Museum North Campus (includes Charles W. Morgan) open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Please note: the South Entrance, Henry B. duPont Preservation Shipyard, and Seaport Village are closed; the Museum Store, Bake Shop and Maritime Gallery are open.)
- February 14 – March 22: Full Museum open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, admission to Death in the Ice exhibition in the Thompson Building – $10 per person, all ages (2 and younger free). This is not to be combined with any other offer or discount. Ticket provides access only to Death in the Ice.
- March 23 – October 25: Open daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- October 26 – November 27: Open daily, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- November 28 (Thanksgiving): Closed
- November 29 – December 23: Open Thursday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- December 24-25: Closed
- December 26-December 31: Open daily, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Museum grounds remain open one hour after exhibits close.
Note: Exceptions to the schedule include inclement weather and other unexpected Museum closings. In such an event, there will be an alert on www.mysticseaport.org.
If you are planning a visit to our research library, please contact the Research Desk at 860.572.5367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for hours of operation.
Promotions & Special Offers
Special events, activities and other fees are ticketed on-grounds separately. Offers cannot be combined and are subject to change at any time. Please call 860.572.0711 with any pricing questions.
Active duty/retired military: Uniformed active duty military receive free admission. All non-uniformed active duty and retired military and their accompanying family members receive the group discount rate. All memberships receive a $10 discount.
Special needs visitors: 50 percent discount on admission. One adult attending to the special needs visitor receives 50 percent off admission.
AAA members: $3 off each general admission ticket for up to four people in your party. Must show valid AAA card when purchasing admission.
Your birthday: Visit on your birthday and your admission is our gift to you! If you are a Museum member, bring a friend for free. Offer available to adults and children. Must present a valid photo ID or copy of birth certificate.
Free second-day admission: Each general admission ticket purchased at Mystic Seaport is good for one admission on the day of purchase. Have your ticket validated before you leave and you may return the next business day for free (not included: tickets purchased after 3 p.m.).